Individuals are increasingly dependent on frozen foods in this current era, where everyone is super busy with their tight timetables. Everyone chooses ready-to-eat foods as their go-to meal for saving period and fitness. Frozen fruits, vegetables, and meats are gaining more widespread daily. This is easily possible with excellent packaging. No matter how useful your product is, nobody will buy it if your packaging is awful. The only thing they can think of is your packaging. So, it’s obvious that your custom frozen food boxes hold a massive impact on your overall business.
People prefer convenience. Be it diced fruits, vegetables, dairy, or semi-cooked meals, frozen food arrives like a savior in this busy lifestyle. Nutritionists think that frozen food can be more beneficial than their off-season counterparts. But, what’s most desirable is adequate custom frozen food packaging.
Suitable Frozen Food Packaging Materials
While freezing, most frozen food outcomes extend up to 9% depending on their moisture content. Therefore, frozen food packaging material needs to be strong and adaptable to accommodate these differences.
Selecting the suitable packaging material for your frozen food is the key to the significance of the product. The basic facts to consider while choosing your custom freezer food boxes wholesale material are:
- It should be capable of resisting freezing temperatures between zero degrees to -40 degrees.
- The visible appeal so that the consumer gets to know your product well before consuming it.
- Sustaining sealing, freezing, storage, transportation, and sometimes cooking pressure.
- Pack nicely the sharp edges_ of the frozen food product.
The standard options for frozen food packaging include tin cans, cardboard, laminated paper, and flexible and rigid plastic materials. Fresh vegetables, fruits, and dressed meat also use easy shrink wraps. Following are a few of the famous custom boxes in the USA materials.
- Polyethylene film: Can withstand temperatures as low as -40 degrees without compromising film quality. They also provide adequate mechanical strength and punch resistance during low-temperature transportation, handling, and storage. In addition, PE films are printable and can be layered for additional protection.
- PE derivatives: Different varieties of plastics like HDPE, LDPE, Polypropylene, etc. are used for creating frozen food packaging. Plastic is desirable because it can withstand a vast range of temperatures and supplies insulation to the products from the outer atmosphere.
- Cardboard and laminated paper: These are generally seen in FMCG products like ice creams, curds, fresh fruit juices, etc. However, this packaging has a fixed life after taking the product off the freezer.
Hygiene is very necessary for custom frozen food boxes. Although deep-freezing
controls the growth of microbes, contamination is not good in the prolonged run. Manufacturers can set up cleaning tools within packaging and assembly lines. Following are numerous good methods for packaging hygiene.
Moisture is home to many bacteria and fungi. Dry wipedown is a process of cleaning the packaging and product with a microfiber piece at room temperature. This not only cleans the things but also makes them dry and ready for custom printed kraft boxes.
It is also known as soft-wash. In this procedure, a low-pressure spray of distilled water to wash off bacteria from the surface. Considerable manufacturing plants with in-house packaging and assembly lines approach low-pressure cleaning. However, this process is advisable for medium and small-scale frozen food manufacturers to improve the shelf life of their products.
High-pressure cleaning involves entire food items like packaging farm-fresh produce. Before packaging, fruits and vegetables are washed to prevent contamination through soil-borne bacteria. Generally, the package of high-pressure cleaning tools for frozen food packaging includes spray nozzles, an air dryer, and a hot/cold water setting.
Frozen Food Packaging Labels
The basic compulsory label information according to FDA includes
- Statement of identity i.e the familiar name of the product
- Net weight
- Company name and address
- Ingredients list including allergens
- Nutrition facts
Freezer-grade labels and printing are essential while designing custom tuck top boxes labels. Some of the common labels for frozen food packaging are:
- Blank sheet labels: with freezer sealants coated on paper or vinyl stock.
- Vinyl sheet labels: laser printing can support ice-cold water and an elevated degree of moisture.
- Blank roll labels: These are suitable for computerized label applications for packaging frozen food. Thermal transfer, direct thermal, or continuous inkjet are standard methods for printing roll labels.
You can use it to create top-quality custom frozen food boxes. Using sturdy, durable, high-quality packaging materials, hygienic packaging, and packaging labels, you can distinguish your brand and products from opponents. Perfect boxes can attract your customers to your brand and provide them with a positive experience.